Website Puma Biotechnology Inc
This work as a career listing is about Puma Biotechnology Inc in Northwest, Cameroon 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Puma Biotechnology Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidates from outside staffing agencies or recruiters.
Locations: Seattle, WA or Minneapolis, MN
Primary Objective Of Position
Reporting to the Regional Business Leader, the Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be accountable for establishing a competitive advantage for Puma Biotechnology and Nerlynx® in assigned key Oncology GPO parent and regional accounts and for achieving all commercial goals and objectives for the defined accounts. In addition, the SAM may have responsibility for contract pull-through and account strategies at identified Hospitals and IDNs.
The GPO SAM provides subject matter expert insights on strategic and operational oncology market issues and their potential impact on Puma Biotechnology. The SAM will serve as the single point of contact for key accounts assigned and partner with the VP of Sales, and key cross functional partners including but not limited to Field Managers, Marketing, Contracting, Trade, Access, and Medical (as appropriate) to develop account specific strategic and tactical plans and be accountable for the flawless execution of these plans.
This position will provide critical competitive intelligence within the assigned marketplace and assist in the development of the overall market access strategic plan for Puma Biotechnology as well as work cross functionally with internal customers to drive the brand strategy. Requires greater than 50% travel and many weekend meetings throughout the year.
- Account Planning and Execution: develop and execute account level business plans for targeted GPO member accounts based on Puma’s commercial goals. Identification of contacts and understand key GPO stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and management levels, both internal and external. Support activities of strategic alliance partners within targeted accounts as applicable and approved. Provide guidance and assistance relative to company-wide and franchise-specific opportunities within targeted and assigned regional/national oncology accounts.
- Contract support for GPO accounts: Develop understanding of relevant GPO member accounts to support GPO contracts and supervise periodic business reviews to ensure that GPO accounts meet or exceed all approved contracted goals in the assigned regional and parent national GPO accounts. Advise Puma sales and marketing executive management on contract terms to ensure appropriate direction on challenges and opportunities.
- Resource Management: Coordinate efforts to leverage and/or maximize utilization of commercial resources in assigned regional and national GPO member accounts. Assess and account for all commercial resources required to accomplish Puma Biotechnology commercial objectives.
- Collaboration and Communication: Responsible to provide timely and accurate information regarding account-specific insights as well as global trade issues that impact Puma Biotechnology business. Communication flow will include all levels within Puma Biotechnology through the Associate Director Strategic Accounts and VP of Sales. Cross functional collaboration with Field sales leadership (AD, RMs), Marketing, Medical, Access, Contracting and Trade, and other appropriate functions is expected.
- Business development: Assess key assigned regional and national oncology GPO clients. Identify new customers or organizations with the potential to impact Puma Biotechnology business, work with leadership to build positive relationships.
- Develop relationships: develop relationships within targeted accounts including C-suite, department heads, supply chain, SPs, network lead, 3rd party vendors; engagement at conferences and symposiums, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of the strategic and tactical plans for the identified accounts and Hospitals/IDNs
- Partner with Associate Director of Strategic Accounts and VP of Sales to create business opportunities and build strategic partnerships with defined accounts.
- Leverage detailed knowledge of both Puma and competitor products to communicate effectively and appropriately with the key decision makers and influencers and differentiate Puma Products in alignment with customer and patient needs and goals.
- Leverage appropriate proactive methods to gather and demonstrate a thorough understanding of integrated customer accounts, customer business models, financial dynamics, marketplace developments and trends, competitive strategies, healthcare policy, and Puma strategies and processes.
- Adapt national sales and marketing strategies to each account’s unique market dynamics
- Collaborate with market access, marketing, medical and sales to secure access to formularies and pathways
- Responsible for education, communication, and coordination with all segments of the business within their assigned accounts.
- Manage distribution of Puma Biotechnology products with in assigned customer segment.
- Establish strong customer management skills and relationships for assigned accounts.
- Identify, develop, and execute business opportunities by focusing on appropriate positioning and messaging of Puma Biotechnology products.
- Identify, resolve, and communicate dispensing and/or product access issues.
- Track and analyze product performance and communicate to internal stakeholders.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews for assigned accounts
- Identify and build business relationship with field GPO Sales, Account and Clinical Teams as well as Hospital Accounts as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong leader with documented success in building a strategic plan and driving execution
- Strong analytical skills with track record of pulling through tactical implementation
- Collaborative team player and with excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Impeccable business ethics
- Strong presentation skills
Education & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Scientific or Business field required.
- MBA preferred
- Strong experience in sales, managed care, reimbursement, health policy, or healthcare marketing experience.
- Minimum 5-7yrs experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with documented experience in oncology Based on Radford Guidelines – 5 to 7 (level 3)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in any of the market access segments of the business: reimbursement, health plans, distribution, physician networks, federal marketplace and others.
- Regional / National Account Management experience preferred, particularly within the Community Oncology GPO segment
- Expert knowledge of relevant products, their associated therapeutic areas, competitors and other related marketplace factors.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines.
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally associated with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Puma Biotechnology Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Puma Biotechnology Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Northwest, Cameroon
Application Deadline: N/A