Website Uplift Inc
This work as a career listing is about Uplift Inc in Canada 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, CA with offices in Toronto, New York, Reno, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
This opportunity is to start as an Individual Contributor acting as a subject matter expert for the Payments Industry covering both Issuing and Acquiring aspects with the foresight to establish a Payments-on-behalf (POBO) and collections-on-behalf (COBO) for long-term success for the Uplift platform while navigating the short-term integrational, operational, strategic relationship & reporting requirements working with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of card networks, Payment Service Provider (Issuer & Acquirer), Bank Identification Number (BIN), Payment Card Types (Debit, Credit, Prepaid, etc.), Issuing Bank, Acquiring Bank, Merchants/Partners, and Alternative Payment Method’s (APM’s). The position will collaborate across-squad (Capital, Servicing, POS, Lending, Customer Service), influencing decisions making through a vantage point of constraints/ opportunities and riskewards from the Payments industry landscape.
What You Will Do And Achieve
- Lead periodic reviews across payment service providers (PSPs) for both Issuing and Acquiring for the Uplift platform to establish efficiency and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Act as a primary point of contact between business functions and engineering teams in highlighting the most value additive features, optimizations, costevenue efficient collection/disbursement allocation strategies to the Uplift platform.
- Implement payment operations – Optimize Uplift’s existing paymenteconciliation processes and triage data bugs to ensure accuracy and efficiency in meeting all external and internal requirements.
- Drive payments strategy – Understand the payment needs and wants of our merchants/partners, customers and, financial partners to shape Uplift’s payment operations strategy, build tools/processes that support operational excellence, and inform the payments product roadmap.
- Lead large cross-functional teams to prioritize, develop and launch Payment’s centric new products and features- Own key payments programs with critical business metrics- Design and implement complex business and operational systems and processes- Track projects, timelines, and commitments on internal projects and customer deliverables – Help identify and implement new product and business opportunities.
- Own the KPI reporting for Issuing and Acquiring while constantly looking for ways to improve and establish new goals working closely with business functions.
- Partner with the customer and/or merchant-facing and operations teams to help them make more tailored recommendations considering compliance, network, PSP, and any strategic requirements.
- Serving as a central point of contact for inbound requests from internal and external stakeholders from a Payments standpoint.
- Provide support to various ongoing and future projects as needed.
Who You Are
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or another highly quantitative/analytical field
- At least 4 years of experience working for a fintech, card network, PSP, financial institution, or a technology company where Payments is the hub and spoke for the organization.
- A deep understanding of money movement, payment processing, payment networks, disbursement of funds and, payment platform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that can be scaled and/or automated
- You’re relentless – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You’re a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- You’re a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- Altruistic, Humble, and willing to do whatever it takes to win.
Set yourself apart with
- Experience working in a Payments domain for Alternative Payment Methods (APM’s)
- You have Excel and SQL mastery.
- Experience with data visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Data Studio, Mode, etc.)
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and RRSP plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a RRSP plan
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Company: Uplift Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canada
Application Deadline: N/A