Website KAUST King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
This work as a career listing is about KAUST King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in مكة ثول السعودية 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
The Student Organization Planner advances the mission of Student Life through developing and overseeing the University’s student organization programs. In addition, they share responsibility for advising, event planning, and program management within the Office of Student Life. He/she is expected to be a role model, facilitator, and leader in the effective processes of Student Life.
Duties include the following: serving as a liaison with recognized student organizations; overseeing the processes and procedures of graduate student-led groups and associations; serving as the primary disseminator of department-wide communication to the student community; and maintaining detailed accounting and reporting of all information relevant to this role.
This position supervises one spousal position, reports to the Student Life, Student Activities Lead, and works collaboratively with the entire Graduate Affairs team in support of the entire scope of student life on campus.
- Oversight of recognized graduate student organizations and associations including overseeing the development of student organization policies, programs, events, governance, elections, and general operations, in accordance with University and departmental policies and procedures to facilitate student-driven Student Life.
- Provides direction, mentoring and innovative input to the activities and events of student organizations.
- Serves as the key liaison with all recognized student organization advisors. Develops a variety of administrative documents, such as the operational and procedural manuals for student organizations and associations. Assists in the development of such documents for the Office of Student Life
- Primary person responsible for the development and maintenance of budgetary records and expenditures for student organizations and associations. Assists in similar processes for other areas of the Office of Student Life, such as major events.
- Promotes student involvement on campus by providing information on all active groups to interested students. Assist in the student organization formation process by offering pertinent information on how to acquire and retain members using best practice methods
- Advises and mentors graduate student organization leaders and student volunteers. Trains student leaders in related functions such as student organization development, event &
- activity planning, budgeting, membership acquisition & retention, and marketing. Facilitates
- and leads workshops, training sessions, and seminars related to student organization leaders’
- “soft skill” development.
- Provides guidance and oversight related to maintenance of department-wide websites, reviewing all policies and procedures for consistency prior to their implementation for all offices of Student Life
- Primary staff member for the ongoing implementation, development, maintenance, and promotion of any software platforms used to manage student groups, events, and activities.
- Oversees all operations of the Graduate Services Helpdesk; takes a direct role in processes related to student life areas needing facilitation including event registration and material gate
- Ensure development and maintenance of an appropriate system of disseminating departmental emails to appropriate offices for a response.
- Ensuring timely routing and professional responses to departmental email accounts;
- Recruit, train, develop, supervise, and evaluate a spousal hire Helpdesk staff; hold one-on-one meetings with staff member(s); motivate employee(s) to achieve peak performance and
- foster student-centered workplace culture
- Ensure Helpdesk staff have the most up-to-date information possible
- Perform other duties as assigned by Student Activities Lead in support of Office of Student Life, Graduate Affairs, and the University mission
- Assist in signature events such as Orientation, Falling Walls, Career Fair, and Commencement.
- Undertake relevant risk assessments and promote risk mitigation strategies
- Analyzes, reviews, and develops administrative and programmatic systems and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of programs and compliance with internal and external
- Other duties within the range of skills normally associated with this type of position, as required
- Provide student support that is sensitive to the social and cultural issues involved with an international university located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Develop, interpret, and revise policies and procedures, track internal and external trends in student affairs, and prepare projections for future needs
- Participates in the overall administration of the Graduate Affairs Division, and the Office of Student Life by attending staff meetings, serving on committees, representing the Division and University as requested, and cooperatively assisting colleagues
- Collect data, evaluate, assess, analyze, and provide timely reports and/or prepare professional presentations on functional areas as required; actively promote initiatives and achievements of Office of Student Life
- Assist in the development and operation of effective Student Life services’ systems, policies and procedures
- Clearly and consistently communicate, interpret, and enforce policies
- Instill and promote sustainable practices wherever feasible
- Assist in the organization and management of programs and events for the various areas within the Office of Student Life and when required within Graduate Affairs
- Participate in plans, strategies and related goals for the department, including budgets, venues, equipment, logistics and any other relevant program or event production matters
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, task forces, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate
- Develop and prepare proposals, manuals, briefs and any other reports or presentations to Manager of Student Life, and to senior management as may be required
- Provide some administrative, clerical, analytical, and operational support to the Office of Student Life such as placing catering orders and procurement of products, equipment and services.
- Strong English communication skills in speaking, writing, listening, and presenting; ability to communicate sensitive information and ability to review and edit complex documents.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all University divisions and throughout the community
- Expertise in the use of MS office products
- Experience with graphic design software/platforms such as Canva or Photoshop
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility with regard to work schedule, including outstanding time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent listening skills
Bachelor’s degree with 4 or more years experience working in a higher education setting or a Master’s degree in an appropriate field with 3 or more years experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience within student affairs or student services
- Experience supervising and evaluating employees
- Familiarity with the campus culture of a graduate research university
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with the confidence to gain credibility and respect
- Self-initiator within a team structure
- Project management experience preferred
- Fine attention to detail
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative statistics
- Strong Presentation skills
Company: KAUST King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: مكة ثول السعودية
Application Deadline: N/A