This work as a career listing is about CTG in Juba, Central Equatoria, Sydsudan 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- To undertake field visits to nutrition implementing partners in remote locations throughout South Sudan to monitor the storage capacity of supplies.
- Provide warehouse & inventory management training to implementing partner staff in remote locations & compile detailed field visit reports with recommendations for improvements.
- South Sudan’s nutrition program includes the provision of therapeutic supplies & anthropometric equipment to partners, which include Non Government Organisation (NGOs) & government (govt.) counterparts. On receiving the supplies & equipment, the partners are responsible for onward delivery to Primary Healthcare Centres (PHC’s), PHC units & hospitals, for distribution to beneficiaries. The partners are responsible to transport, store & distribute the supplies & equipment, on receipt through the chain with final delivery to the beneficiary. The partners are required to have the skills, knowledge & resources to undertake efficient Warehouse & Inventory Management (WIM) activities. Since 2021 the organization has implemented a project to undertake monitoring & capacity building of partners WIM activities to ensure that required standards were being implemented.
- Under technical supervision of the Supply Specialist, Supply Associate, Logistics Specialist, the Supply Monitoring Consultants are to facilitate improvements of WIM activities through regular field visits to partners storage locations, to ensure quality programming of funded nutrition projects. During the field visits, the consultants will assess the storage of nutrition supplies, provide recommendations for improvements to the partners & the organisation, undertake on site capacity building training in WIM activities to the partner staff, & provide field reports. Repeat visits to the locations will be made to ensure that the reported recommendations have been implemented by the partners.
- Support the coordination & planning of field monitoring mission plans & review previous monitoring reports where applicable.
- Undertake supply monitoring visits to partner locations to assess the storage of nutrition supplies, to ensure appropriate warehouse & inventory management is being implemented. A minimum of two monitoring visits are to be undertaken every month.
- During the monitoring visits, review recommendations from previous monitoring reports (where applicable) & check if these have been implemented by partners.
- Review the availability of space in the partners storage facilities & provide technical advice on correct & safe stacking of supplies & optimal use of available storage space.
- Review the expiry dates of stored supplies & document if supplies are already expired.
- Undertake warehouse & inventory management capacity building activities during partner visits, using training materials. Documentary evidence to be provided that capacity building has been undertaken.
- In collaboration with supply & nutrition staff, identify opportunities for capacity building on warehouse & inventory management activities to partners, with a view to improving the supply chain process to make it more effective.
- Participate in ensuring accurate & completed accounting, reporting & internal control systems on inventory are in place & relevant records are maintained.
- Support the review process relating to receipting of consignments & dispatch of supplies recorded on stock cards.
- Provide reports to Supply & Nutrition staff & partners after each monitoring visit. The reports are to include, but not limited, details of the existing storage infrastructure, recommendations for improvements & evidence of capacity building undertaken.
- As required, participate in warehouse & inventory management training to multiple partners in Juba.
Expected results / key function, accountabilities & related duties / tasks:
- Undertake monitoring visits to partner locations to assess the storage of nutrition supplies. A minimum of 2 monitoring visits are expected to be undertaken each month.
- Capacity building to partner staff on warehouse & inventory management. Undertake warehouse & inventory management capacity building activities during partner visits, using training materials. Documentary evidence in reports to be provided that capacity building has been undertaken.
- Provide technical advice & recommendations to partners & the organization’s staff to improve warehouse & inventory management in locations. Technical advice & recommendations to be provided to partner & organization’s staff after each monitoring visit.
- Submission of supply monitoring reports to organization’s supply & nutrition teams after every visit to partner locations. The reports are to include, but not limited, details of the existing storage infrastructure, recommendations for improvements & evidence of capacity building undertaken.
- The payment will be done on a monthly basis upon presentation of a monthly report that will be validated by the organization technical supervisor, under the general oversight of the Chief, SBC Section.
- This role works under technical supervision of the Supply Specialist, Supply Associate & Logistics Specialist.
- Completion of Secondary Education & Basic University Degree related to Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration, or another relevant field is required. In lieu of a Basic University degree, 6 years of relevant experience in warehouse & inventory management, logistics or supply chain management is accepted.
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience in warehouse & inventory management, logistics or supply chain management.
- Strong understanding of warehouse & inventory management.
- Experience of delivering training in supply chain management is desirable.
- Experience of coaching & mentoring in supply chain management is desirable.
- Experience of undertaking monitoring of supplies is desirable.
- Experience of working in South Sudan, with understanding of the country & logistical context.
- Experience of working in remote locations in South Sudan is desirable.
- Excellent verbal & written English.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, Sydsudan
Application Deadline: N/A