Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
This Job Listing is about DSV Global Transport and Logistics in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Cape Town
Job Posting Title: Team Lead, Operations, Client Lead, Oceans Imports Air & Sea
Time Type: Full time
Main Purpose of the Role
DSV Cape Town have dedicated operations teams for our Retail business. This team manages all import shipments into Cape Town & Durban from various suppliers globally – mainly China and India. Within the team we have an import controlling function which receive documents, open files, and pass shipment through for customs clearance. This includes accurate accrual and charge capturing. Manage movement of cargo from origin port to port of destination and charges are received for on time and accurate billing. The Client lead is the team lead and manages the team’s tasks to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity. The client lead will also need to manage the profitability of the customer and ensure all their KPI’s are managed in accordance with the service level agreement. They play a critical role in steering the operations team strategy in a direction that meets both customer and business requirements.
Job Related Requirements
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Ocean Freight forwarding and controlling.
- Previous experience in CargoWise1
- Tertiary qualification
- Proven track record of servicing and managing retail customers in a freight forwarding environment
- Supervisory or management experience of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of operations team assigned to a specific set of customers
- Liaise with customers daily to ensure alignment of operational tasks and objectives
- Ensure strong relationship is built with customers
- Support Key account manager with account reviews and presentations
- Ensure account profitability is well managed
- Manage and maintain service levels within the KPI’s set out in the service level agreement
- Understand the intricacies of the customers service requirements
- Support team members
- Manage the team to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A