Website Standard Bank Group
This Job Listing is about Standard Bank Group in Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
To lead a team of account managers ensuring they have the capacity, guidance and resources that they require to fulfil client demand and provide optimal support and service to clients, thereby driving the achievement of defined revenue targets for the team and client satisfaction, within applicable risk and governance parameters.
- Ensure accurate compilation and processing of required client account documentation (opening/closing/maintenance and investment policy statements, funds transfer requests, account balances, credit requests) and obtain relevant clearances, in line with compliance requirements.
- Oversee maintenance Records Management database and storage schedule for client documentation, in line with the security processes.
- Ensure client queries and communications are dealt with professionally and are forwarded to the relevant internal parties. Oversee liaison with other business areas such as operations and client services to ensure the timely processing of all transactions to provide the highest levels of service to customers. Ensure preparation of client correspondence, including client actionable items.
- Encourage an in depth understanding of the client’s needs in the team, enabling addressing of client’s queries and requests (such as asset transfers, fund transfers, credit requests) timeously, ensuring issues are followed through to resolution. Ensure all cases of recurring problems are identified and rectified promptly.
- Drive participation of team in marketing initiatives such as campaigns, as needed. Ensure the team supports development of account plans in a consistent and timely manner in order to identify potential business opportunities, regularly update the concerned Relationship Manager about account development and seek out relevant cross selling opportunities to maximise revenue.
- Ensure client feedback is monitored and consolidated and provide recommendations to relevant internal stakeholders and regional head. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of processes and practices to enhance service excellence.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and legislation and adherence to risk guidelines, procedural controls, standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage the pipeline, recruitment, on-boarding, development, performance, motivation and retention of the Account Management team to enable a high-performance culture while encouraging continuous improvement and innovation and increasing employee engagement within the team.
- Coach and support Account Managers, ensuring that that are adequately capacitated to serve clients while exhibiting the appropriate behaviours to enable them to meet their financial targets.
- Lead the process of forecasting and pipelining for the team, identify opportunities and support the team in executing and fulfilling client demand to enable the achievement of individual and team targets.
Qualification & Experience
- Business Commerce Diploma/ Degree
- 8-10 years’ client facing banking experience in private banking/private wealth/investment banking/commercial banking, with a good understanding of operational and administrative processes as well as risk and compliance standards and with a focus on maintaining high standards of service and problem resolution. In addition, the role requires experience in leading and managing operational teams in the banking ecosystem.
The Standard Bank Group has implemented a Vaccination Policy for all roles which require the incumbent to work from the Standard Bank premises on a full-time or intermittent basis. Full vaccination against COVID-19 is therefore an inherent requirement of this role.
Company: Standard Bank Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A