Technology, Information and Internet
About The Job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $112,000-$174,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or in a high-tech organization
- Experience with US GAAP, particularly related to revenue recognition under ASC 606
- CA/CPA certification or equivalent qualification.
- Experience managing financial statement audits for public enterprise companies and/or managing revenue recognition for a public company in the high-tech industry
- Experience with project management, navigating ambiguous and complex projects with competing priorities
- Ability to independently conduct technical accounting research and document findings
- Ability to grow in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities.
- Own the review and approval of new Google Cloud product initiatives, ensuring appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- Provide technical accounting and revenue recognition expertise to Product, Pricing, and Finance teams to influence optimal launches of new product initiatives and help drive continuous process improvements.
- Draft technical accounting memos to support conclusions reached.
- Work with Alphabet Corporate Technical Accounting Team in finalizing the revenue recognition memos for complex new offerings.
- Work closely with Accounting Operations teams to create scalable and repeatable processes to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.