Technology, Information and Internet
- Title: Technical Accounting Specialist
- Location: New York, NY
The Technical Accounting Specialist will be responsible for supporting the company’s financial reporting team in the preparation and review of financial statements and technical accounting research. This individual will also play a key role in the implementation and maintenance of new accounting standards and the ongoing improvement of the company’s accounting processes.
- Conduct technical accounting research and provide guidance on accounting treatments for complex transactions
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial statements, including footnotes and supporting schedules
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Support the implementation and maintenance of new accounting standards (e.g. ASC 606, ASC 842)
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist in the development and implementation of new procedures
- Stay current on accounting standards and industry developments through ongoing professional development and training
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of experience in technical accounting and financial reporting
- CPA or progress towards CPA certification
- Strong understanding of GAAP and ability to research and apply technical accounting guidance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Technical Accounting Specialist will be a vital member of the financial reporting team at Google in New York, NY. This individual will play a key role in ensuring the accurate and timely reporting of financial results and will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the company’s accounting processes. If you have a strong understanding of GAAP and a proven track record in technical accounting and financial reporting, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.