This Job Listing is about Distell in Setsoto, Free State, South Africa 2022
About the job
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position for a 6 month contract in the Growth and Innovation Department based at Libertas Parva in Stellenbosch. The successful applicant will report to the Corporate Strategy & Foresights Lead.
Purpose Of The Position
Distell has recently adapted its Vision to state that it seeks to unlock shared value in its chosen (priority) markets. Shared value as a business objective requires Distell to develop innovative solutions to address key societal problems as well as leverage these to improve its competitive advantage in the market. Distell has prioritised three strategic focus areas for shared value creation: (i) Poverty & Inequality, (ii) Climate Change incl. carbon emission reduction, and (iii) Responsible alcohol consumption.
The Corporate Strategy Team Is Leading Distell’s Shared Value Programme With a View To Achieving The Following By June 2022
(i) Refining the definition of the key strategic focus areas & their targets in the shared value programme;
(ii) Assessing the business model impact of the medium to long term shared value targets across Distell’s value
(iii) Developing business innovation-led solutions to achieve said targets. This will mostly entail a business model
innovations (incorporating multiple parts of Distell’s value chain as well as other external ecosystem partners)
to enable the highest level of impact at a societal level.
The innovation solutions for shared value will be evaluated in Distell’s innovation pipeline management process based on shared value criteria (benefit for society, our consumers & customers, employees and shareholders).
Key performance areas would include, but are not limited to:
Primary (80% of Available Resource Time)
- Strategic commercial support:
Provide strategic commercial support to the Corporate Strategy Team by developing key business financial indicators (value chains, financial projections, etc) which will be required for new innovation cases that have been prioritised in the shared value programme. This would entail working with both internal and external financial and other sources of data to inform key business case assumptions. This information will be both quantitative and qualitative; and will likely stretch beyond the remit of our alcohol business and industry sources of information. The analyst should be resourceful and agile to work with such data, and able to do financial modelling work using the construct of hypothesis to design key input & output variables in a financial model.
- We will liaise on an ongoing basis with the analyst to ensure innovation cases are appropriately prioritised to ensure alignment of focus, effort and sufficient time to deliver quality outputs.
Secondary (20% of Available Resource Time)
- Provide support to the Corporate Strategy Team with programme management of the shared value programme in Distell. This will be on an ad hoc basis, and only as capacity permits. Scope of support may include assistance with drafting presentations to update Distell’s management and board on shared value programme progress, updating key shared value KPIs, adjusting key project timelines & deliverables, and keeping programme risks and opportunities registered up to date.
The progress on key deliverables as provided above will be reviewed on a continuous basis. A significant variance to the above deliverables as may be required due to changes in business conditions will only be implemented after consultation and alignment with the analyst.
The Successful Candidate Must Have The Following Experience/skills
- A relevant post-graduate Commercial/ Finance qualification or Economics
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant commercial experience, ideally across a range of categories/FMCGs.
- Commercial Fluency & Insightfulness – Balance long and short-term business value generation through the regular application of integrated commercial principles across the whole value chain and P&L levers in order to take ownership and drive course corrective actions with rigour. Analyses situations at both a strategic and operational level. Identifies the key issues, and solutions and makes recommendations on complex problems.
- Innovativeness – The ability to formulate new ideas or to adapt or use existing ideas in a new or unexpected way to solve problems. Ensures a ‘Consumer and Customer focused’ approach is implemented in its own division.
- Entrepreneurial – The ability to think ahead to spot or create opportunities and maximize them.
- Builds collaborative relationships and networks – People and relationship building centric.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
Reference number: 19158 Closing Date: Thursday, 21 April 2022
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Setsoto, Free State, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A