Website Old Mutual South Africa
This Job Listing is about Old Mutual South Africa in Pinelands, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
This role forms part of the OMSFIN Treasury and ALM team and focuses primarily on both the management of various portfolios as well as the execution of market trades to manage risk exposures to be in line with various investment mandates. The role requires a strong understanding of financial markets from both a quantitative point of view but also from a trading perspective.
The role will require the ability to price and execute trades as required but will also involve technical aspects of Asset Liability Management and so an understanding of the valuations and risks of various derivative instruments and structured products is an important requirement for the role. The role will be market facing, so development of relationships with various market-making institutions is also important.
Key Result Areas
- Evaluation of risk exposures in various funds and managing them to comply with the various investment mandates
- Execution of trades in the market to achieve the above objective
- Execution of trades in the market on behalf of other members/areas in the team
- Transaction Management of orders executed, ensuring they are processed and captured correctly for internal systems.
- Performance reporting and providing regular feedback to relevant business areas and stakeholders
- Interaction with various market makers and liquidity providers
- Management and development of various models and databases (dividend models, volatility surfaces ,etc.)
- Development of hedging strategies working with ALM area to deliver solutions to manage risk on behalf of clients.
- Keep abreast of industry, regulatory & compliance developments and develop appropriate responses
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Technical degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Finance/Economics
- 5 – 10 years in financial markets (either from an asset management or trading perspective) with a focus on Fixed Income investments.
- Multi-asset market exposure advantageous
- SAIFM RPE exams are advantageous
- Competence in programming languages (minimum Excel/VBA but Matlab, Python or C# are advantageous)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly responsible individuals who are self-motivated
- Able to think on one’s feet
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus
Old Mutual Limited has adopted a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by 1 April 2022. All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination certificates or cards as part of the recruitment process.
If you have an objection to taking the Covid-19 vaccination, you will be required to produce a negative PCR test (at your own cost) on a weekly basis as an alternative to vaccination. Prospective employees must inform the recruiter of their election prior to start date.
Please refer to the Old Mutual policy for further detail. Old Mutual reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time.
Company: Old Mutual South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Pinelands, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A