Website IG Group
This Job Listing is about IG Group in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Trainee Sales Trader
Who we are:
We’ve been changing the financial services game since we were founded in 1974, when we invented a whole new category of trading. Today, we’re the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with operations in 20 countries across five continents and over 400,000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive. Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognize your talent and allow it to shine.
Where You’ll Work
- As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role.
- At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
While you’ll be based in our Sandton office, you’ll be working with our global trading services team around the world in London, Chicago, Melbourne, Singapore, Dubai, Bangalore and Krakow. Join IG, and you’ll be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We’re constantly improving and developing our products and services.
How You’ll Grow
- Your personal and professional development are important to us.
- As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence.
- We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
Your development is as important to us as it is to you.
You’ll be rewarded for hard work here, with support to get better at what you do. We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant. If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills quickly through exposure to the executive team and new experiences.
What You’ll Get
The chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
- Matched giving for your fundraising activity
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Performance-related bonuses
- Pension, insurance and medical plans
- Career-focused technical and leadership trainings in-class and online, incl. unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- Contribution to gym memberships and more
- A day off on your birthday
- Two days volunteering leave per year
Who You Are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude. You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar. You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritize your well being and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all.
A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture.
If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you’ll find a home here.
What You Will Need Is a Genuine Interest In Working In Financial Markets, Along With Motivation Levels As Impressive As Your Aptitude For Numbers And Attention To Detail – Plus
- A degree-level education, finance-related preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Strong interest in financial markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Confident to employ basic math’s skills, particularly mental arithmetic.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Literacy in MS Office
Desirable: experience of working within a financial environment
Can handle an administrative role
What you’ll do
- Provide Trade and admin support on OTC derivatives accounts to our global retail, corporate and institutional clients across phone, email and web chat
- Gain a strong understanding of various financial instruments such as stocks, options, futures, FX, cryptocurrencies, bonds and commodities
- Gain a strong understanding of financial markets, stock exchanges and macro-economic events
- Provide trading expertise on P&L and margin calculations, order types, charges, trade assistance & investigations
- Providing an execution-only phone dealing service (following relevant training)
- Answering queries and cross-selling of our products and platforms
- Running daily morning market calls
- Resolving trade disputes
From The Team
We’re looking for tenacious, curious, eager and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership.
We recruit based on excellence and believe that diversity is vital to success. We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or any other behavior that stifles innovation and collaboration.
Number of openings
Company: IG Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Internship
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A