This work as a career listing is about tripme in Berlin 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
TravelLocal (Bristol) and trip me (Berlin) merged in 2021 to create one of the most significant online marketplaces for tailor-made travel, with a strong presence in both English and German language markets.
With customers in more than 100 origin countries and suppliers/partners in nearly 100 destination countries, we are using technology to reimagine this sector, pioneering the “buy local” movement in travel. Our ethos is that local knowledge is best, that local economies should benefit more from tourism; the best holidays are made with creativity and imagination from real experts who live and work in the destination itself.
This opportunity to join the Travel Success Team comes at a key time in our evolution, as we scale post-pandemic.
With offices in the heart of both Berlin and Bristol, we are an exciting, dynamic, fun, and driven place to work with a results-oriented approach.
Why you are here
The Travel Product Support is responsible for assisting the Travel Product Development Manager in continuously improving the product offering available to clients by selecting, signing up and onboarding new local tour operator partners as well as auditing trip ideas and ensuring that the existing product is still relevant, with an overall focus on the DACH market.
- Onboarding some of our new local tour operator partners
- Following our process in the relevant tool
- Supporting them from the initial set up on our platform to the contract, training and trip idea upload
- Keeping them engaged with regular contact & follow ups
- Helping them with any queries they have
- Working to keep onboarding progress on track & launch new partners within 2-4 weeks wherever possible
- Prioritising certain destinations depending on the company’s priorities
- Selection of our new local tour operator partners, for the DACH market in particular
- Your German skills will mean that you can assess potential new partners on the quality of their language & customer service/sales skills
- Reviewing new trip idea suggestions in German
- Assisting the Travel Product Development Manager with other tasks such as reviewing new trip idea suggestions and trade shows
Skills & experience
The practical skills:
- Fluent English and German both written and spoken – level C or above
- Good geographical knowledge
- Great organisation skills
The behavioural skills:
- Quick learner with interest in self-development and growth
- Work independently, yet show a hands-on mentality working alongside the team
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- You are open and honest in how you communicate
- Have a genuine passion for interacting with people from all corners of the globe, and a true interest and passion for travel
The nice to haves:
- An awareness of travel trends
- Interest in working across international markets
- Experience working with ClickUp / other tools
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to develop your career in travel & tourism, working in a scale-up environment for a disruptive business model
- Part-time position – 16 to 20 hours per week
- Remote work policy and flexible working hours (with core working hours)
- A modern and easily accessible workplace in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg (Germany) and Bristol City Centre (UK)
- A motivated, international and open-minded English speaking team
- Working in an international context with travellers and partners from all over the world (and English as the company language)
- Pro rata holiday days per year depending on hours worked per week (full time = 26 days holiday) + public holidays
- 1 or 2 all-company off-sites per year (inclusive of travel and accommodation)
- Salary: 12 euros/hour
- 1 year contract with potential to extend
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berlin
Application Deadline: N/A