Website Anglo American
This Job Listing is about Anglo American in Mogalakwena, Limpopo, South Africa 2022
About the job
Anglo American’s purpose is to reimagine mining to improve people’s lives and is committed to creating a Living Mine that brings positive value to the people and environment where we operate.
Supply Chain is positioning itself for the future, by becoming more purpose-driven in aid of realizing the Anglo American purpose and driving to be more agile and resilient. Central to being more purpose-driven is delivering significantly more positive impact within our host communities, acting as supplier interface to provide velocity to our innovation, technical & sustainability change programme, that includes improved safety performance and the embedment of circular economy principles, as well as overall delivery of significantly more sustainable value. To build a more agile and resilient Supply Chain the commoditized execution and digitalization of processes is a key focus whilst driving operational excellence.
This Physical Supply Chain (PSC) team is responsible for managing all materials planning, inventory, warehousing, and logistics across the South African region. The team works with operational stakeholders and Supply Chain commercial teams to assess future demands and develop materials strategies and plans that will fulfil needs whilst keeping working capital as low as possible.
At present each BU runs its own PSC network in a siloed manner, resulting in approximately 47 discrete storage locations with limited sharing of inventory. The integration and optimization of the network across BU boundaries, with a more strategic material planning capability, will have significant benefits and will be the immediate focus.
A priority of this role is to drive integrated planning and operational excellence with the aim of ensuring optimal parts availability and a safe working culture through streamlined physical networks to achieve step-change performance.
The immediate priority of this role is to ensure operational excellence and world-class safety practices through leveraging appropriate technology & innovative processes, as well as ensure capability enhancement within the teams that lead to effective and efficient partnerships that are value adding to all stakeholders.
Manage the safe work execution, effective & efficient storage of items and engagement with end users to ensure alignment of key priorities and partnerships that enables value creation in the business
- Manage the effective implementation of the Supply Chain strategy within the Physical Supply Chain warehousing environment
- Embrace an agile Supply Chain by being adaptive and flexible to accommodate and focus on emerging and changing business priorities.
- Develop and mentor a large team to ensure that agreed service levels are maintained, and service excellence is met.
- Embrace a Supply Chain team culture of diversity and inclusiveness
- Provide input into the regional Warehousing strategy and translate it into critical tasks and performance targets
- Manage warehouse practices with the aim to achieve optimal process and people efficiencies.
- Manage and schedule audits of the supply process (e.g. stock/cycle counting, safety reviews etc.)
- Manage the budget associated with warehousing activities.
- Ensure that stock levels are optimized and align to BU requirements
- Support the roll-out of the Anglo American Operating Model, via participation in site implementations and cross-site best practice sharing, to leverage tangible working capital benefits.
- Manage inventory optimization to decrease wastage at the operations by holding the right amount of inventory thereby positively impacting Anglo American’s carbon footprint.
- Drive sustainable change through initiatives such as zero waste to landfill.
- Provide input and guidance to sourcing and purchasing teams on optimal fulfilment strategies for commodity classes .
- Develop and mentor team to ensure that agreed service levels are maintained, and service excellence is met.
- An undergraduate qualification - Bachelor degree level or equivalent, alternatively relevant tertiary qualification and proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Experience: Practical experience in relevant field and proven experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems such as SAP.
- Desirable: A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Knowledge of Supply Chain management and interdependencies within a regional context (category management, sourcing & contracts, purchasing, physical supply chain and linkages to other functions) and specialist knowledge of warehousing, logistics and inventory management
- Safety standards, management systems and culture within warehousing & logistics as well as safe storage, preservation and maintenance of in-storage products and equipment.
- Knowledge of how to embed a more sustainable PSC (circular economy, carbon & water footprint reduction, inclusive procurement, doing business with responsible suppliers etc.)
- PSC digitalisation and data analytics opportunities, continuous improvement and optimisation
- Create an agile, focused working environment .
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written)
- Able to work very effectively in a virtual environment with own team, key internal & external stakeholders and suppliers.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Mogalakwena, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A