This Job Listing is about SpartanNash in Byron Center, MI 2022
About the job
At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, “I can’t live without them.”
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash’s People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
850 76th Street S.W. – Byron Center, Michigan 49315
This role is responsible to provide clerical support within the distribution center, supporting warehouse operations with data entry, maintaining files, processing warehouse shipping and receiving paperwork, etc. in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Provide clerical support for various warehouse operations as assigned, such as shippingeceiving, inventory control, selection, loading and general warehouse operations as necessary and according to established processes.
- Create and process work orders and receiving and shipping paperwork, (i.e., bills of lading, purchase orders, packing slips, invoices, etc.) and prioritize orders as needed.
- Validate data from various sources to ensure documentation is accurate.
- Collect unloading fees and balance receipts.
- Work with external customers (i.e., vendors, delivery drivers) and warehouse/transportation personnel accordingly to ensure efficient workflow of assigned processes, and work with supervisor to research and resolve issues or discrepancies in paperwork accordingly.
- Process and prepare order selector and general warehouse related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform clerical tasks such as, but not limited to, data entry; copy, fax and/or print documents; filing and maintaining department files and records accordingly.
- May prepare standard department reports and distribute as required.
- May assist with sorting and distributing incoming mail and preparing/processing outgoing mail requests and shipping packages to service centers, vendors, retail stores, etc. as assigned.
- Maintain department/distribution office supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- May assist with inventory count as requested.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED preferred.
- One-year general clerical/office or wholesale/warehouse experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and good customer service skills.
- Must have good data entry skills and attention to detail, and effective organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently within a fast-paced warehouse operation.
- Must be able to work within a warehouse environment.
- Must follow safe working practices in accordance with Company safety policies and practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and may frequently be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity based on assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Employees must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-10 hours shift as assigned. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Byron Center, MI
Application Deadline: N/A